Wednesday, January 27, 2010

THIMBLEBERRIES SEW DAY!!!

If you joined us today, we would love to see what you did. I know over at Granny quilts, she just picked out and cut her material for a tote....how fun is that?

I didn't think I was going to have time today but we had a tropical storm and so I was homebound. So here is what I did.

It is called Checkerboard Cherries out of the Thimbleberries book that Gene sent me. Yes, I know, that was not what I showed I was going to do...can't a woman change her mind?

Well here is theirs....



Here is mine....


So...as I am doing the binding, I am having the dickens of a time with Mr. Pfaff..it just won't run....so I checked the needle, checked the feed dogs....and it still gave me fits, I literally had to force the material through, so my seam do not look that great....well.....well.....here is the rest of the story.....my feed dogs were down....I checked.....maybe I should wear my glasses while I sew....am I going to take it out and do over.....no way Hosae.....

Hope all of you that joined us will check in and let us see what you have done. Crazy bout Quilts, she did a few things....she really got into the swing of things today!!

Hope you can join us next month!!

19 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute cherries! Perfect for Spring! :-)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute cherries! Perfect for Spring! :-)

Cora said...

Hi Barb,
I love the cherries quilt. It's a really cute project.

Betsy said...

Barb it looks great and the colors are perfect for Valentines.
I wish I had time ti join your group but I do not see how I could stay caught up.

Gene Black said...

That looks great Barb. Those feed dogs, I know just what you mean. I think they should just KNOW what I want to do, don't you?

Joanne Lendaro said...

cute project! you are on a roll....

Crispy said...

Very cute Barb. Yes, a girl CAN change her mind....it's what we do best LOL.

Crispy

Pat said...

I love your little quilt....sorry about the feed dog mix-up. *sigh* It happens to all of us at one time or another, though.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Super cute, I just love cherries !!

GerryART said...

Those dogs can be troublesome.
About the same trouble as leaving your machine in reverse and trying to sew forward. Not an especially easy task.
:^)

Cute Cherries Checkerboard ! ! !

andsewon said...

Cheery-o there dahhling...;-)
Looks good! That should have really brightened up that cloudy day!
Cute!
Lola

Mary L. said...

Love yours!

carmel said...

i love what you made, looks great!

hope every thing is good!

take care!


carmel

Rosa said...

That looks great.It`s really a lovely projects.

ranette said...

Cute little quilt....love it!

hetty said...

Very cute cherry quilt! I may join you next month. And...of course a girl can change her mind!

kimland said...

Barb I LOVE your interpretation. Too cute, very Cheery or is that cherry? Anyhow, nice job!

SheilaC said...

Your fabric choices were great! They really make the quilt dance :)

SheilaC

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love your little quilt! You always choose such fun fabrics.