Friday, February 26, 2010

A FABRIC JUNKIE FIX

I told you the other day I was having the fabric shakes....needed more fabric...sooooo bad (not really, look around my room....no want for fabric here) but....in my mind....I just had to have some.

So....... I went to my stash...pullled out all my Kona and started cutting....and cutting.....



To make this...(I know, by the title you were expecting to see material brought.....wrong!!!)



By the way, thanks Mary from Quilt Hollow....you are right, these are so addicting (ooops...there goes that addiction thing again).

I did not stop with My Kona fabrics, I started cutting my Moda fabrics as well (all purchased at Inchworm Fabrics). I decided to do two seperate quilts...and use some of my Japanese fabrics with the Kona (that is reserved for another post later)....but for right now.....here is my Moda in a most delicious array of Fabric feast. Isn't it awesome. I didn't want to do a small quilt...so I added more squares and well...I am going to cut out enough for seven more blocks to make it wider. I just love this. So fun and works up so fast.




I was able to cut a 3 inch strip off of each piece of fabric to get 4 bowties each. Didn't even make a dent in my fabric. I have used about a yard of white so far.

Oh....by the way, got the truck back, went to the Post Office (so those of you expecting things from me, it has gone out today).....and you will be happy to know that I passed up every fabric store on the way home....no more fabric junkie here!!! Atleast for now.....

24 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations on using stash, you're a better woman than me, lol. It looks fabulous, especially in the bigger size. It shows off the pattern more.

Shari said...

Looks like fun! And just love the tulip quilt as well... as long as you use your fabrics you can buy more! Isn't that a rule somewhere?

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you for passing up the fabric stores. Your making progress girl. Love that bow tie quilt top. So pretty

Betsy said...

It looks great Barb. Are those patterns easy to do? I see them everywhere but have not tried it yet.

Gene Black said...

Barb, I love you r Schnibbles quilt. I looked at Mary's until I finally figured out how to make the pattern. I may be making this one myself.

But of course my colors will be different.

What size did you make the blocks?

Jean said...

This is so cute....I love bowties too. Sorry to hear your truck is still not working properly, it surely would've stopped at the fabric stores if in perfect shape!

Crispy said...

A wonderful snibble!! Sometimes playing with fabric is a good as buying more....sometimes LOL.

Crispy

luv2quilt2 said...

I love your quilt top. One more that I may have to try.

Wendyb said...

Oh come on Barb....you were coming first in the quilt-o-lympics...I'm coming up quickly behind you.....musthavefabric... musthavefabric...musthavefabric...
hehehehe
BTW...love the Schnibbles Sunday Best!
Sugary hugs XX Wendy :O)

Jocelyn said...

Love you Sunday Best. I am still working on mine :-(

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh, I am so proud of you.....nice quilt and for not stopping at the fabric store. P. S. I am headed to one today. Well, I have to, I don't have the stash you do, I need one more print for my Trailer Trash quilt. I'll post a pic when I get it. I need red with off white, not easy to find. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see this one completed. Can't wait to see the border.

Needled Mom said...

I love your Schnibbles quilt, Barb. I was thinking how nice it would make up into a larger quilt with lots of scraps. Yours looks awesome!

Rae Ann said...

Barb ~ you are so cute and an example to us all! I love your darling quit and how fast it made up.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your Sunday Best looks great!! I love making these Schnibbles! They are definitely very addictive :) Welcome lol

Joanne Lendaro said...

congrats on using your stash!! Love the quilt, too cute!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Wow, you are one fast sewing lady!! Love the fabrics, and I agree with Crispy, sometimes playing with the fabric is as much fun as buying, well almost!!

quiltingnana said...

the quilts are great...and good for you using your stash..I need to do more of that

Pat said...

Love that quilt. Now...you said you passed up fabric storeS....you have more then ONE fabric store between your house and the post office?? Golly.....that would be a dream for me!!! LOL

Rachel said...

Oh I like! That is a great way to make a dent in your stash. I want to make one of these!!! Ahhh... so many quilts, so little time!

Melissa Miller said...

Gorgeous fabrics Barb! Love all of the designs and colors.

Thank you for your kind words today. You are always so nice to me and I appreciate it very much.

Have a blessed weekend my friend. ~Melissa ;)

SewCalGal said...

Great stash busting project! I love it. You've inspired me. I'm going to have to try this design to use up some of my stash!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

it looks like a really fun quilt! I have been seeing it on several blogs lately....may have to make one....mmmmmmm

Barbieann said...

I love going to my fabric stash. I also love looking at new fabrics and of course purchasing the, BUT!!! I really need to utilize what I already have! Cute project!!!

Royce said...

Way to go on using your stash. I try so hard to do that myself, and then only have to purchase a "few" new fabrics. Your quilt is stunning, love the colors. Don't think I've seen that pattern before, it's really nice. LIke Gene I may have to try it too.