Thursday, February 18, 2010

Red Hots and some Hearts

I am used to being on this island by myself when my husband goes away. I am not use to someone bringing me my packages, I just wait until my husband comes home for the mail, but he has partners now. One of the partners brought me my mail and this package was what he brought. My sister sent all of this too me.




Funny part, he was talking to me and the whole time I was shaking the package and said...oh....I have candy.....do I remember what he was talking to me about...no....I was like a three year old focused on the candy.

Couldn't wait til he left so I could see what it was.... I love Red hots....love them. Noticed that the package is not opened...yes...I restrained myself...it was hard but I did it.

Notice the little heart quilt? My sister taught about 16 women at church how to make these. I hope she made two and didn't send me the only one she made...you know we quilters have a tendency to do that....

Thanks so much Jeanette, this was the highlight of my week..... I went to cub scouts with a red mouth....HA!!!

15 comments:

lesthook said...

Cool gifts! Sisters are the best!

Pat said...

So...did you tell those cub scouts you had a new lipstick when they asked why you had a red mouth? hehehe

Pokey said...

Such a sweet (and hot!) post! I never had a sister, but it's extra special that yours has your heart and happiness in mind!

sewfunquilts said...

Well, I knew we were a couple of "hotties" 'cause I am a Hot Tamale lover.

What a sweet thing for your sister to do....sisters are the greatest.
Enjoy it.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

That's funny that you were like a kid at Christmas shaking the box. So sweet of your husband's partner to bring the mail to you :)

Betsy said...

Great package Barb.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.. I hope your hubbies' partner doesn't read your blog!

Nice mail package!

Unknown said...

how sweet of your sister......

luv2quilt2 said...

Sisters are the sweetest people. How nice of her to keep you supplied with red hots, and the little quilt is way cool.

andsewon said...

Humm good partner to bring you your mail! Sweet sissy you have too!!!
Hope there are dentists on the island for you and all that candy! hahaha!!
Yes i have noticed you do seem to enjoy the candy a LOT!! ;-)
Hugs,
Lola

andsewon said...

Humm good partner to bring you your mail! Sweet sissy you have too!!!
Hope there are dentists on the island for you and all that candy! hahaha!!
Yes i have noticed you do seem to enjoy the candy a LOT!! ;-)
Hugs,
Lola

Joanne Lendaro said...

What fun, love the post!

Bridget B said...

Lucky you- I love red hots AND M&M's

Marie said...

What a great gift and sisters are the best, Ilove all my sisters in blogland!! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Marie

Patty said...

Aren't sisters wonderful?