Friday, February 19, 2010

YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIEEEEEEE

The word YUMMY can take on different forms and different ways of saying it...

For instance....when you see this delicious Batik fabric.....you just say to yourself.....YUM....your heart races a little, you might have to wipe a little spittle off your mouth... and well.....most quilters know what you mean when you say yummy.



Oh yes.....more...my husband came back from Hawaii with these yummy fabrics...

I know you want to touch them...smell them...and touch them again..



And then there is the YUUUUMMMMMMIIIIEEEE....yes, these chocolate covered macadamian nuts have M & M's beat by a mile...the only thing they do that M & M's don't, they melt in your hands so you dont have much time between taking them out of the bag and popping them in your mouth..that's right....not much time. I have no problem in that department!!



And no, I dont have a snout, and I don't root around in the muck. I may be classified as a pig but I am not genetically a pig. I do have a nose for and taste for the sweets and I do root around in my sewing room....does that classify me as a pig? A princess in grooming? HA!!! (that would be quite a stretch for me)...okay...enough making fun of me....I have a busy day ahead....it has been a busy week...not much sewin has been done and for the next few weeks...I will be running around like a crazy woman...oh...so now I am a crazy pig? Hummmmm

22 comments:

lesthook said...

LOL! I may be a crazy pig too. Love,love the fabrics. Your hubby sure is sweet!

cottonreel said...

Love your fabrics, I also bought beautiful fabric today and a book on machine embroidery , another of my latent hobbies that I intend to start again--cottonreel

Melissa ;-) said...

Those fabrics look so tropical and warm to me! A very welcome image to me!

Danielle said...

Love the batiks, and the goodies!

Gene Black said...

MMmmmmm, uh don't get the chocolate on the batiks...but they both look scrumptious!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Those fabrics are beautiful. Like you say, they look yummy! Chocolates don't look bad either. LOL. Enjoy!

ooglebloops said...

No sewing room (or house) should be without chocolate in some form!!! And, who doesn't LOVE a macadamia!!! Bet they are cheaper out your way!!
I really like those batiks - my fav is the purple - can't wait to see what you do with them!!

Unknown said...

When I saw your head line, I thought that you better have chocolate in this post. Nothing else says yummy like chocolate...ok, a few fabulouse pieces of fabric, but chocolate is truly the best! You crazy girl. so easy to please too.

Terry said...

Those batiks are amazing! Especially the purple one in the second photo! You're a lucky lady! :0)

Rachel said...

Yum indeed!

Beautiful fabrics... I bet you've already made something with them.

PaTcHwOrK jEnN said...

The chocolates are for me right? Good thing I have hot, warm and moist chocolate cake to eat in 5 minutes.

Love the fabrics! Now to get my dh to fabric shop...

Unknown said...

Swee4ts for that Husband for sure!!!!

DianeY said...

I'm curious where he bought the fabric! He did a great job of choosing!

Joanne Lendaro said...

MORE candy?? My goodness!!

Fabrics look fantastic!!

Kim D. said...

My two favorite things, batiks and Chocolate Macadamia Nuts, gotta love em.. Yummy is right!!! :)

Betsy said...

Barb you have a great husband with fabulous taste

hetty said...

Love those batiks! Such wonderful colours! And chocolates! Wow! Can I borrow your hubby to do some shopping for me?

wordmama said...

Love the fabrics! I don't get macadamia nuts very often, but don't overlook Dove dark chocolate covered almonds. One taste and I can't stop! Hubby got them for me on Valentine's Day.

Patty said...

Delicious!

Patty said...

Delicious!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful fabrics! Hubby sure knows how to keep you happy :)

Jean said...

Gorgeous batiks!