Tuesday, June 11, 2013

FAILURE!!!

When most of us blog, we try to show our best selves...

the wonderful things we create and accomplish.

More often than not we will now show the disappointments,

 the blunders,

 the failures.


Today I am going to show you a failure.


This is the quilt I have been working on for some time.


  This is the quilt that I had to go back to the store 3 times for more fabric.


This is the quilt that I broke my hopping foot on.


This is the quit that I took great pride in the quilting.


This is the quilt that was meant for someone else.





My husband loves this quilt and several times he has said he wanted it.  Guess what...it is his now...HA!!!!!  He has a birthday in a month.  Well....here he goes...it is his.

Trust me, the colors are vibrant, it looks fabulous on the bed....but it ripples. 
It will not lay flat on the floor.  I can not in all honesty take money for something that is less than what it should be.

I washed it twice and it just got worse.  I ironed it...sprayed starch it.  It is three in the morning and I

am so disappointed and will now have to go to my friend and say I can not give it to them.

So....I have decided to stick to  my abilities.....I am no longer going to do custom orders, especially ones I have to make the pattern for.  If I happen to make a larger quilt and decide to sell it, that is one thing.  I will stick to my smaller quilts and designing for now.

Maybe there is a lesson here...maybe we all look good on the outside but sometimes we have ripples, we try all we can to iron them out and sometimes they just won't iron out.
WE have to accept ourselves for who we are and just do the best we can and try to forgive ourselves for sometimes being less than what we want to be.

There are things about myself I don't like and try as I may....I just can't iron it out....so I just deal with it..... 
like I am having to deal with this.

I HAVE CLOSED THE COMMENTS FOR THIS POST, THIS IS ONE POST THAT DOESN'T NEED REMARKS....THANKS FOR COMING BY AND PUTTING UP WITH MY FRUSTRATION....TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!!!!