Thursday, February 6, 2014

GARAGE SALE FIND

I have been wanting to show you some pictures I found at a garage sale many moons before I went to Samoa.

I didn't want to take them with me and since my home in Virginia and Texas were rentals I didn't want to poke holes in the walls.

During this time I often thought of these pictures and how much I loved them and if they would go with our home now.  I truly thought they wouldn't but to my happiness they do go well.

 The colors are more vibrant up close and personal.  Don't you just love the birds??

Then next one reminds me of Samoa.  I have it placed over my fireplace and just love it.

There are two smaller ones that go with these but they are not unpacked yet.  You will not believe the price I got these for.  Get ready to pass out.  I did not even dicker with them....and when I tell you the price you will know why.  I got all four picture for six dollars.  These are originals.  I do not know if the owner was the one who painted these, if so, he under sold himself.


Now for some more patterns, these are doll patterns.

 While my husband is slaving away in the soon to be sewing room.  He is sanding down the joints and ceiling.  Yes....you don't have to tell me that I need to be out there....how rude of me not to be....but I am working on these Beattitudes squares.  I am getting to sew.  He has not complained once....I am ashamed to say that if it was me...I would be grumpy that I was not getting help.....I did make him cookies.....hummmm

It was a dark and dreary morning and I didn't think he would go out and work in the room but later it lightened up and so...he is out there...poor guy.  He is certainly making a mess in my home...instead a one inch of dust I now have about three.  Am I complaining????  Not at all...but I really should be out there....NOT!!!!  Don't I have a good man...there are no loaners either!

20 comments:

Betsy said...

I love your beatitudes quilt. I will display mine next month. It's a lovely quilt to have

Barbara Arcement said...

sounds like you have a keeper...a good husband is a true gift from God, I know because I have one too!
I love reading all about the items you are finding.

Barbara Arcement said...

I just bought a couple of your patterns on Craftsy. I can't wait to try them!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful pictures. And yes you have a good man. I've got one too, and we are both very blessed!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the picture.

suemac said...

You do have a good man. My guy is always thinking about what he can do for me. I feel so lucky.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful pieces of artwork, including your quilt blocks. Dust will come and go, but the dust from this project is special. Like a piece of art as your home is taking shape to be enjoyed for many years to come.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

Those paintings look to be some that were painted using Bob Ross' style. They are definitely keepers, the artist did a very nice job on them.

Joanna said...

That's a gorgeous picture and it looks nice on the mantle. I have some of those doll patterns - they aren't that old:-)

Lin's Quilts said...

Well, I'm a little confused. I enjoy your blog, but sounds like you've moved around quite a bit. Texas, Virginia, Somoa???? What made you move all these times? And this house you're (so wonderfully) remodeling, is this permanent? I'm pretty new to the whole blogging and don't have your history. I'm just curious.
linsquilts.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I love your quilt you're working on. The images are adorable and those minimal words are wonderful life advice. Lucky for you your husband isn't a quilter or there'd be nobody working on that dream room! hahaha

Teresa in Music City said...

You do indeed have a good man! My guy is a lot like that too - he shoos me away when I try to help :) LOVE your Beatitudes blocks! I have the book and intend to do it someday..... like a lot of other projects LOL!!!

sandra said...

Those blocks were just pulling you to that sewing machine so don't feel bad I am sure your hubby was happy. I know my hubby is happier when I am sewing so he can work at what he is doing without my input. Lol.
Love your pictures they are very calming and beautiful colours. Blessings

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a sweet hubby! If he's anything like mine, he enjoys doing it for you and will be over the moon when you tell him how much you love it!

Diann said...

I'm drooling over those doll patterns! Doll clothes are such fun to make.
And, thank you for your giveaway over at Pig Tales and Quilts. I rushed to enter!

Unknown said...

Love your Valentine patterns!

tdkcarpenoctem@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I love your beatitudes quilt. I will display mine next month. It's a lovely quilt to haveTop Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Unknown said...

Those paintings look to be some that were painted using Bob Ross' style. They are definitely keepers, the artist did a very nice job on them.Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your BeAttitudes blocks! They are so much brighter and happier than mine... great job!

sewyouquilt2 said...

If you look close one is signed Kent. I have one that is almost like it signed Kent as well. My mother in law had it and it was framed in a gold frame. we painted the frame black to go with our decor. It is over the computer as I type. I love the serene view of the birds flying at dusk or dawn. how funny is that? love your BeAttitudes blocks.