Friday, July 22, 2016

UPDATE ON MY PERSONAL JULY UFO CHALLENGE



I am working in squares that are 8 x 8 which = 64 two and a half inch triangles.

I need 4 of these 8 x 8 squares for the sides of my quilt which =  256 two and a half inch triangles  plus
 12 x 8 = 96  which added to the 256 = 352 two and a half inch triangles just for the two sides.

I have that right now!!!  Yea!!! 


Then for the top and bottom I need the same 256 plus
80 two and a half inch squares which = 336

this side is one 2 1/2" shorter than the other that is why there is a difference.

I have that yea!!!!

Now I am working on the end caps (that is what I am calling the end squares)


I need two 8 x 8 which equals 128

which makes the total 2 1/2" squares that I need just for the border
806 two and a half inch squares

I am not a mathematician and if my calculations are somewhat off....

No matter to me, I can add or take away but I know I will be close....

so no worries in that department 

Just giving you an idea of what I am up to 
and 
how
sick
I
am
of 
these
squares!!!!

I have a week left and I am determined.  While calculating this I wanted to cry because I
thought I almost had it but found an error in my figures (go figure)
so back to the sewing machine..

You can cheer me on....

seen chocolate

send a diet cherry limeaide

send a paddy wagon!!!


8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I'd need all three if I was doing all of those little squares. It will be gorgeous when done. I love postage stamp quilts.

Marie said...

Love it Barb, math is not in my department either! But I like the squares and your having fun too.Hope all is good your way. Hugs, Marie

Lynn said...

Goodness! That is a lot of little squares!

Barbara said...

Holy moly, numbers everywhere! They are my downfall. I'm sure it will be super, you go, girl!

QuiltShopGal said...

Big challenge. So many little pieces. I've been wanting to do something like this too. Have a big bag of scraps cut up, but I think I need way more.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Jocelyn said...

ha,ha I know the feeling. Sort of like, where IS the end of the tunnel. You can do it!!

KaHolly said...

You can do it!

AnnieO said...

Sending a soothing cold drink after all that MATH! At least it is a lot of chain stitching that should be mostly mindless:)