Saturday, February 3, 2018

CATCHING THE CURVE BALL

                                                    
Sometimes life just throws you a curve ball, my only advice is to catch it and keep going.

My sweet grandson has the flu and double ear infection.  My husband went down last Tuesday
 to tend him while 
his parents worked.  I went down on Tuesday and stayed through Friday.

Why am I telling you this????

Because.................there is no sewing going on in this house.  The machines are dusty and
 the house is quiet.

Needless to say I have to go back tomorrow and stay again through the week.  
They live two hours away which
allowed me to come home for the week-end.

Now my husband is sick....which he will just have to take care of himself...poor guy.

That being said, on Monday starts the 
"Put a little Love in your Quilt" blog hop....
so glad I got my project done early. 
I even have my Island Batik project done for this month as well.  YEA me...we are on top 
of our game (get the pun??) here at Bejeweled.  Sorry....I just had to pat myself on the back
just a little.

                                                             



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The winner of my Island Batik Four Seasons Blog Hop is Brenda....need your address
 Brenda.  I will have to 
apologize in advance, it may take me a while to get the package to you.
Brenda / SBD Embroidery and Quilting said...
I have trouble with my thimbles too - great tip. Now I have to go to the store to get some spray adhesive!! Your tree quilt is so cute and what a great idea using the fabric to make those snap bags! And the hearts are a great way to use up that left over fabric from the tree quilt!

Thanks Brenda and a big shout out to all of you who came by and commented.  Hope to see you at the hop on Tuesday (that is my day, and we all know it is about me...right????)

10 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Bad enough to have anyone sick, especially a little one, but the flu is so gosh darn serious this year. I sure hope your gkids, kids and DH. I hope you don't catch it and everyone soon feels 100%.

Gene Black said...

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. Poor hubby - I hope you left lots of easy to heat and eat soups and food for him.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope your grandson and husband recover quickly! Of course, also that you stay well!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh no hope everyone recovers and life gets back to normal.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, No, Barb. So sorry to hear about sickness in your family. You take care of yourself. Don't want you getting the flu too! Hugs.

Snoodles said...

Sure hope that everyone gets well soon....and that you stay healthy, my friend! Take care! Prayers headed your way from SC!

Needled Mom said...

I hear you!!! These moments are much more important than stitching anyway. Take care of yourself so that you don't get sick too.

Carol Swift said...

I'm so sorry about your grandson! I hope he's better soon.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Oh No! I hope everyone is feeling better now. The flu this year is a nasty one that just doesn't seem to want to leave.

Unknown said...

i just got my wife back after she left me alone with the kids and went with another man for 8yrs without not even a phone call. You can also get your own marriage,financial,or spiritual help from this good spell caster called priest ogidi at [miraclecenter110 @ gmail . com] or whatsapp +2 3 4 8 1 8 2 2 6 0 9 8 2 and get your help within 24hrs