Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hummmm WHAT TO DO WITH THE 5" STRIPS? WHAT TO DO?



We all know what to do with a 2 1/2" strip but what about the 5" strips Island Batiks makes for us?

Lately I have been working with these strips and will show what I have been doing
when the actual projects are finished.



If you love to applique like I do, then these strips are the best. They give you a variety of fabrics and the strips are the width of the fabric.

Today I made this little hand towel from one of these strips and just a piece of another.



I have another set ready to go.

I believe you can get 3 to four of these sets out of one strip.

This hand towel is for a sweet friend but I was thinking of making more for the auction that
Wesley House (assisted living) has in March and November.

Sometimes these sweet ladies want to give a gift to someone and I think this would just be the thing, or maybe they might just want it for themselves?

Here is a sneak peak of another project using the 5" strips.


As you can see I am going to use Aurifil thread to do the blanket stitch around the petals.






4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

5" strips is a nice size. I'll look forward to seeing all you do with them.

QuiltShopGal said...

OMG - Batik Easter Eggs? Total #CreativeGoodness. Sweet towel with heartwarming rabbits and saying too!

Gene Black said...

I don't do a lot of appliqué so the thought of using the 5 inch strips for it never occurred to me. But I can see that it is a wonderful way to have a much larger selection of fabrics for appliqué just like for piecing.

The towel is adorable. I can hardly wait to see what happens with that fun flower.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The flower is cute and the bunnies are adorable.